Image Posted on Updated on
From: Mr. Vogel
Aviation merit badge class at Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum is open for registrations.
It’s called the”penguin class” because you don’t have to fly to earn the badge in one day.
The 10 a.m.-3 p.m. class is availableMarch 10th.
The class will cover how aircraft and engines work, some history and careers. You will tour our nationally famous museum, fly the FPG-9 glider, chart a course between airfields and fly it on the simulators. You certainly don’t want to miss the X-wing fighter and pod racer, on loan from Star Wars director George Lucas.
The museum’s $15 admission also has a bonus for scouts: the course is free with your admission.
To sign up, go to the Wings website and click on the education tab for registration instructions and course prerequisites.
Parents who want to sit in on class may do so, space permitting, but DO NOT REGISTER for the class.
Please consider car pooling to this event. The troop is not organizing transportation for the scouts.
NOTE: You must sign up at the Wings website, This Eventbrite is only a courtesy to let you know about the event.
Image Posted on Updated on
Mystery Tour 2018 –
Sign Up TODAY!
Our annual mystery overnight tour will be here soon!
- Who: Scouts of Troop 640, new scouts of Troop 640, parents and siblings
- Depart: Friday, March 9, 2018 at 5:30 pm (please have dinner BEFORE arriving)
- Return Saturday, March 10th at 11:45 am
- Where: Meet at Genesis Church, return to Genesis
RSVP: REGISTRATION CLOSED!
Reserve your space ASAP but no later than Monday March 5, 2018
- Once you submit your Troop permission slip, parents will receive another permission slip to complete and return that is required to attend this overnight adventure.
- Contact Mrs Hettinger with any questions about reservations or signing up.
- $67 (sorry about the cost…but the adventure(s) will be worth it!)
Parents – please remember that this is a MYSTERY so please do not ruin the surprise and disclose any details. Thank you!
Questions and permission slips can be directed to Patrice Hettinger at email@example.com.
Mystery tour hint…
We’re heading east for this adventure,
For an extreme side quencher.
Pack your bags lightly,
As we’ll stay up all nightly,
Then off to the great north,
To bring a different adventure forth.
A merit badge workbook,
Fun it will be, maybe with a hook!
Please join Troop 640 to recognize the adult volunteers who have participated in Wood Badge Training and will receive their beads.
This is an important step as they progress through the program, and is an indication of their commitment of service to Scouting and to our Troop.
Monday January 22nd at 6pm.
Location: Genesis Presbyterian Church